Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Holos are a Girls Best Friend!

Happy Tuesday night, lovelies! I'm happy the day is over and I can relax with some TV. We're currently watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., New Girl, and the Mindy Project on Tuesday nights. New TV is one of the best things about fall!

Today, I have for you what I consider to be a staple stash polish (SSP?) and some holo-y goodness. The weather has been gorgeous here in Buffalo, with sunshine every day so I had to bust out a new Color Club holo that I just picked up this weekend.
Let's get down to business!

I started with a base of Color Club Pucci-Licious, which is from the 2010 Poptastic collection.


As you can see, Pucci-licious is a medium lavender creme. The first coat was streaky and patchy but a second coat evened out any problems. This was taken indoors, artificial lighting.
I am in love with this color and don't know what took me so long to pick it up. Everyone needs this in their stash.

I wanted to spice this up a little bit so I thought I'd add some stamping to it, in the form of Color Club Fashion Addict, from the 2009 Catwalk Queen collection. I used Konad plate M95. This is only the second time I've used a Konad plate--usually I use Shany plates--but they are amazing. The images transfer so well and come out so clear.



Indoor, fluorescent lighting

Full sunlight

This is a very distracting manicure. I keep looking at the holo in the sunlight. It's just absolutely gorgeous!

Let me know what you think in the comments. See you later!

--ali









6 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! Welcome to the bloggosphere! I am also a nail blogger in Buffalo! Glad to see you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm happy to see you too :)
      Thank you for the warm welcome.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I just started my blog journey a few weeks ago :)
    It definitely helps being on Crumpet's Nail Tarts to find people who are interested in nail art and actively posting and commenting. You can learn a lot there!! I am and I just joined the group a week ago. You can also link up to challenges and that helps so people can see your work across a time period and become more familiar with your name.Wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      I'm part of Polish-Aholics Anonymous on Facebook, too and they are also a great bunch of helpful girls. I'm looking forward to linking up to challenges and other themed days :)

      Delete
  3. Also, you totally have the nail pose down! That is awesome! I am still struggling with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh! thanks lol. I'm still honing my "technique." I know I can get my nails in better light. I just have to work at it. Some weekend when it's quiet around my world, I'll have to make up a lightbox.
      You'll get it...just have to do what feels comfortable and shows off the pretties!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the internet.
I'd love to hear what you thought, what you loved, what you hated. Or, just say hi!