Sunday, October 6, 2013

The First Nail Fail

Good evening, lovelies!
Sorry for the unexpected hiatus so soon after starting. I feel terrible but I somehow ran out of time or energy to update.
I have a really quick one for you tonight...the first documented nail fail. Usually any polish I buy without looking at swatches of first turn out to look great and I love them. That wasn't the case this time. See exhibit A.
Covergirl Outlast-Silver Lining
Artificial lighting
OPI Nail Envy Matte base coat
2 coats polish
No top coat

I didn't top coat this because I knew it was coming right off. I did not like how chalky it looked on me. I was really disappointed because I bought this based off the shimmer I saw in the bottle and it was gorgeous. It just did not translate onto the nail. 
Application was kind of a mess, too. The formula was kind of thick and went on patchy/streaky.
Due to the thickness of the polish, this may be good for stamping so I'll keep you ladies posted.

I don't have much experience with the Covergirl Outlast nail polish line because most of the colors are like ones I already have. I do have a few others that I will be sharing with you soon.
What has your experience been with the Outlast nail polishes?

Stay tuned, because I have a lot of ideas for the coming months!

--ali



6 comments:

  1. I would add some thinner and give it another shot. Top coat might help as well. I've applied some polishes that look blah until top coat is added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never actually used thinner on any of my polishes but i'll give it a shot!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy! I am so sorry for the polish fail, but thanks for the warning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Maybe you won't have a bad experience like I did. I tried one of the glass fleck glosstinis from the Capitol Colors collection and it was amazing.

      Delete
  3. I'm actually a fan of the new CoverGirl Outlast formulas except for this one particular nude, Always Nude, which I thought you were swatching until I saw the name. It was thick and patchy but a little thinner, as mentioned above, made it a lot more manageable and even wearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few others from the line that I have yet to try so hopefully they'll be good to me :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the internet.
I'd love to hear what you thought, what you loved, what you hated. Or, just say hi!