Wednesday, March 12, 2014

St. Patrick's Day, 2.0

Hey! Happy Wednesday from the midst of a blizzard! It's finally winding down, here in Buffalo, but it's been a long day. Started with little to no snow for my morning drive and it just started coming down. And blowing around. And they let us out of work at 11 am. I love adult snow days!

I've got another quick St. Patrick's Day manicure tonight, featuring the colors of the Emerald Isle's flag.t

I used two coats of  Essie First Timer from their Spring 2013 Resort Collection. This is a really pretty pale grass green creme. I was able to get even coverage in two coats. I know that sometimes Essie can have iffy formulas but I didn't have any problems with this one. The only thing I'd advise about is that if you go over the same spot more than once, it will drag a little bit. I really love how bright and happy this color is...it's perfect for spring.






Once I topcoated, I took bright orange studs from a wheel that I picked up at Forever 21 and stuck them on. I used Beauty Plus Salon topcoat once again to seal everything in.

What do you think? Is this something you'd try for your own St. Patrick's Day manicure? Do you have any special St. Patrick's Day traditions? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!!

xo, ali


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the internet.
I'd love to hear what you thought, what you loved, what you hated. Or, just say hi!