Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Go Buf-falo!

Happy 2015, Phalange fans! I took an extended, unintentional hiatus to recharge my blogging batteries and enjoy the holiday season with my sister and my boyfriend. I received tons of new polishes that I can't wait to share with you guys, starting with tonight!

My sister and I went to a Buffalo Sabres game, last week and my lovely boyfriend gave me Gridlock Lacquer The Aud in my stocking. The Aud, short for Memorial Auditorium, was the original arena where the Sabres played. It also hosted concerts and I went to many showings of Disney on Ice with my family, when I was a kid. It was closed in 1997 and the First Niagara Center opened, not too far from the Aud. Demolition was completed on the Aud a couple years ago and a brand new open-air ice rink opened in it's place, with center ice of the rink over the location of center ice at the Aud. I decided that this game was the perfect place to use Gridlock Lacquer the Aud to add some extra sparkle. I also got to test out a new toy that the boyfriend gave me for Christmas.


Check it out!




To get this party started, I used NYX Ridge Filling basecoat. I used two coats of Sinful Colors Endless Blue and three coats of Sinful Colors Let's Meet! on my ring finger and topped my ring finger with two coats of Gridlock Lacquer The Aud. I topcoated and I was ready to roll.

And the new toy I got from Jeff was a clip-on macro lens for my iPhone 5c!! I was so excited!

 Gridlock Lacquer-The Aud (shade)
Gridlock Lacquer-The Aud (sunlight)
Just look at that!! This glitter has everything-different sizes of royal blue holographic glitters, and round, square AND hex holo glitters in different sizes. And it went on so easy! Just a little bit of dabbing and I got this great coverage. It just sparkled and shone. I'm in love. I can't wait to try more of Gridlock Lacquer's glitters under the macro lens. 

I've got some other things lined up for this space, so stay tuned. Now that I have this lens, I really feel like blogging and taking pictures and putting time into my  nails again.


xo, ali

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lass,

    Nails talk our mind…this is what we got from “Wallpaper Striped”! Sexy, romantic and luring gridlock lacquer (“Let’s go Buffalo”) mesmerized us.We would love to show case your ventures on fashion and DIY creations on our global platform.


    This is an exclusive space for your penmanship, where you can publish your connoisseur’s quest in the form of luring fashion blogs.


    That too you’re the one, who’s going to own this space! We would like to pass it on to others by featuring it on our global platform!

    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/fashion-style/glamorous-dreamy-one-brand-party-makeup-tutorial_post_7992
    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/fashion-style/how-to-choose-a-right-dress-for-your-body-type_post_7819
    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/fashion-style/dress-for-less-budget-online-shopping-video-pictures_post_7885
    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/fashion-style/dress-for-less-budget-online-shopping-video-pictures_post_7885
    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/fashion-style
    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/


    Sulekha.US would be glad to present your fashion ventures to the Indian communities living abroad. We would love to connect them through one of the most vital channels i.e. fashion & style.


    It’s all yours and you’re going to own an exclusive fashion blog with Sulekha to share your fashion posts along with their back links.


    We would promote it across our wall and social media.

    http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/

    Featuring your little creations on our home page would be a perk for our eager Indians, who are waiting for trends and style ranging from ‘grand’ to ‘on the go’.

    On the other hand, it’ll be our pleasure to feature your panache of styles on our home page.

    Sharing your passion for eye catchers might rejuvenate the senses of millions of Indians living abroad.

    Dress to kill!

    Thanks & regards
    Hamida, Content Manager, Sulekha US
    HasanulhameedhaS@sulekha.net


    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooo, I love that glitter macro!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the internet.
I'd love to hear what you thought, what you loved, what you hated. Or, just say hi!